Chanukah At The Botanical Garden | Arts & Culture
Mark the annual Jewish holiday with storytelling, festive Israeli music and dance, and a ceremonial menorah-lighting. Festivities begin with the symbolic lighting of one of eight candles on a menorah, which represents the first of eight evenings that the miraculous oil jar burned in the temple.
Enjoy student performances and listen to traditional Jewish and Chanukah festival music. Browse a traditional “shuk” (marketplace), or stop by the Garden Gate Shop for Chanukah-themed merchandise.
WHERE: Missouri Botanical Garden, 4344 Shaw Blvd. in south St. Louis
WHEN: Sunday, Nov. 28 from noon to 4 p.m.
COST: Included with Garden admission ($8 adults; St. Louis City/County residents, $4 adults; free children ages 12 and under and Garden members)
INFO: www.mobot.org; (314) 577-5100 or 1-800-642-8842 toll free
Top Midtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Soccer Fans Attend Chelsea Training Session At Busch Stadium
- Rams, Red Cross, St. Louis City & County Team Up #STL4OKC
- Schnucks Credit Card Breach Could Cost Them $80 Million
- Thieves Slam Truck Into Front of Clothing Store In Possible Smash & Grab
- City Police Selling Car Clubs, Anti-Theft Devices at a Discount